Friday, May 9, 2014

PaleOnion and Other Recent Projects

As far as search engine optimization goes, I need to keep adding information to this blog, so I'll update it with some of the projects I've been working on recently.

First and foremost is a new open-source software project I've been working on called PaleOnion, which is a Tor browser based on the optimized firefox browser called Palemoon. The version I just released on sourceforge and github is a Linux/BSD/Unix version written as a bash shell script. My hope was that it would have somewhat faster load times than the original Tor browser. If you are not familiar with TOR, it stands for "The Onion Router" and it is the best tool to keep your anonymity by not only encrypting your web traffic but routing you through several "nodes" to keep your browsing completly anonymous and secure from snooping and surveillance. Anyone wanting to help work on the project is more than welcome! Here are some screenshots:

Palemoon optimized tor browser

Paleonion

The second project I've been working on is playing around with the OpenCatamount operating system built by Sandia National Laboratory for their supercomputers. I was trying to build the Catamount Lightweight Kernel on Lubuntu (a lightweight linux) which didn't turn out too well... so I'll keep working on that one. Here's a screenshot of that project:

Open Catamount Operating System

So, that's about it for now. Of course if anyone in Lexington, Frankfort, Georgetown, Richmond, or just anywhere in the Central Kentucky area needs webpage design, web security, or SEO feel free to get in contact and we'll see how I can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment